- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve 1/4 cup of liquid from the can in a small bowl. Set the bowl aside. Rinse the chickpeas.
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, lemon juice, mustard, and garbanzo bean flour until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Using your hands, shape the mixture into 12 nuggets.
- One at a time, dip each nugget into the reserved liquid from the chickpea can.
- Pour the polenta into a medium bowl. Coat each nugget in the polenta. Then place the nuggets onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the nuggets are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
You can store these chickpea nuggets in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.Recipe By: Brittany Baxter
Vegan chickpea nuggets are superb, and you don’t have to be vegan to enjoy them. If you enjoy falafel , you’ll love this homemade version of the Middle Eastern comfort food. Vegan chickpea nuggets are a fantastic alternative to traditional chicken nuggets; they’re cruelty-free and are healthier, so you can feel good about serving these up to your littles or enjoying them as a midday snack yourself.
How To Make These Nuggets Your Own
If you’d like for your chickpea nuggets to taste more like traditional falafel, try experimenting with the following ingredients:
- ground coriander
- black pepper
- dill weed
- chili pepper
Vegan Dipping Sauces
Here are a few lip-smacking dipping sauces you could serve with your nuggets:
- Heinz ketchup
- Trader Joe’s tahini
- Annie’s Naturals organic barbecue sauce
- Kraft original barbecue sauce
- Cholula hot sauce
You could certainly enjoy these crispy, golden, and delicious chickpea nuggets alone, but you could also make them into a meal with some of these tasty side dishes:
- air fryer sweet potato fries
- a tasty salad with unique toppings
- carrot fries
- zucchini fries
- steamed vegetables
- homemade French fries (Check out our potato peeling hack to learn how to peel potatoes the easy way!)
Vegan chickpea nuggets are absolutely delicious and guaranteed to be enjoyed by everyone!